Sunday, August 16, 2015

Writing recounts

The first writing style we will be focusing on is writing recounts.

In class we discussed what a recount is, looked at examples and then used one of Shelby's summer experiences to write one together as a class.

We started by asking Shelby who, what, where, when and why. We put these facts in the
introduction / orientation.

We then broke down the events into sequential order ... numbered these 1 - 4. We tried to add details and be descriptive. We then finished with Shelby's feelings and a conclusion.



Shelby and the wasp - Class example of a recount

During the recent summer vacation my family were on holiday in California. We decided to go camping with my Grandma and cousins.

One day I was bored and decided to go for a walk. My cousin decided to come with me. We went exploring in the woods.
After ten minutes I felt a sharp pinch on my shoulder and my arm. I looked down and saw a red bump. I also felt something crawling under my shirt.

I ran back to my dad and told him what had happened. He helped me take my shirt off and killed the wasp that was caught inside.
I put my shirt back on and watched as my arm started to swell up. My Grandma is a nurse. She told me I am allergic to wasps.

I iced my arm and took a tablet to stop it itching.
It was very painful and took a few days to get better.

By Shelby and the Grade 4 class





No comments:

Post a Comment