Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Finishing Peace and Conflict Unit

Today the students have been working on their final tasks for our Peace and Conflict Unit.

They have recorded what they have learned on the KWL (Know, Want to know and Learned) chart.
They have also reflected on actions they can take to be a peacemaker and create peace in their lives.

Here are some of their ideas ...

  • I will use gecko’s choice to help solve conflict instead of fighting and arguing.
  • I will respect everyone’s beliefs and backgrounds.
  • I will try not to judge other people. I will try to put myself in others shoes.
  • I will not seek revenge. It just makes everything worse.
  • I will ask my parents if we can support NGO’s in Cambodia that are helping children go to school. If everyone has the chance to have an education they can make their life better.
  • I need to be kind to everyone I meet and try not to create conflict and upset people.
  • I will treat people as I want to be treated. If they are sad or hurt I will try to help them.
  • I will be positive and try to cheer people up when they are grumpy.
  • When my sister is sad i will listen and talk it out so she feels better.
  • I will not stay angry if someone upsets me. We do not need to have enemies.
  • I will look after other people’s things and be respectful.
  • If someone is being rude or mean I will just walk away and not listen to them or talk to them.
  • I will be a role model for the younger children at school, like our buddies. I will be kind and patient.
  • I will think about what I am doing to hurt the environment. Using electricity, wasting paper and try to change what I do so I create less rubbish and reuse things at home.
  • I will be nice to everyone - not just my friends. If everyone was kind then there would be less conflict.
  • I will clean my room and do jobs at home so my mom does not get upset.
  • I can donate money to NGO’s that help people who are not as lucky as I am.
  • I do not always have to win arguments. Sometimes we are both right and need to stop trying to convince others so we win.
  • I will pick up trash when i see it. Trash is ugly and it is not fair that others have to pick it up.
  • I will help my sisters when they are fighting. I will not take sides. I help them listen to each other so we can all be happy.
  • I can do people favors and not expect a favor back. Being helpful makes everyone happy.


We have also been finishing our narratives, picture books and diaries telling stories about different types of conflict. We will share these with classmates tomorrow and give each other feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment