Thursday, November 27, 2014

Homework - due 4th Dec

Here is the homework for next week - if you want an early start.

Home Learning Activities Grade 4/5 – MS ALISON Due: Thursday 4th December

File:Circle reflect wikipedia
Unit - Shape of a leader
  • Reflect on the 7 habits that we discussed in class on Monday.
  • For each habit provide an example of how you achieve or can achieve this in your life. Use the template provided to reflect - either in your book or on a Google doc shared with me.
  • We will share our ideas on Thursday.

File:Stick figure - choice.jpg
Math - Time to have choice!
  • Choose the program you like, set your timer for 20 minutes and practice GEOMETRY!
  • Our focus this week -  Lines and angles names.

SMALL IMAGE (PNG)Public Domain
Writing
  • Write a poem or a rap about a leader you know of.
  • In your rap make sure you use words that describe who this person is/was and what they do/did.

SMALL IMAGE (PNG)Public Domain
Reading
  • Read each day for at least 20 minutes.
  • Record your reading in your reading log each morning.
  • Record books read on Biblionasium.

Presenting
  • You will share your poem or rap and examples from your 7 habits with the class on THURSDAY.

Reminders
  • Monday 1st Dec - Music,  IT lab - blogs
  • Tuesday 2nd Dec - Bring your library books - book swap, PE
  • Wednesday 3rd Dec  Oct -  PE, FL
  • Thursday 4th Dec - Swimming, Art, Homework due
  • Friday 5th Dec - ANGKOR TRIP - Depart in the morning

The 7 Habits …

Habit 1: Be Proactive
I am a responsible person. I take initiative. I choose my actions, attitudes, and moods.
I do not blame others for my wrong actions. I do the right thing without being asked,
even when no one is looking.

Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind
I plan ahead and set goals. I do things that have meaning and make a difference. I am
an important part of my classroom and contribute to my school’s mission and vision. I
look for ways to be a good citizen.

Habit 3: Put First Things First
I spend my time on things that are most important. This means I say no to things I know
I should not do. I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan. I am disciplined
and organized.

Habit 4: Think Win-Win
I balance courage for getting what I want with consideration for what others want. When
conflicts arise, I look for a win-win solution.

Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
I listen to other people’s ideas and feelings. I try to see things from their viewpoint
(paradigm). I listen to others without interrupting. I listen with my ears, my eyes, and my
heart. I am confident voicing my ideas.

Habit 6: Synergize
I value other people’s strengths and learn from them. I get along well with others, even
people who are different than me. I work well in groups. I seek out other people’s ideas
because I know that by teaming with others, we can create better solutions than any one
of us can alone. I look for Third Alternatives.

Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw
I take care of my body by eating right, exercising, and getting sleep (body). I learn in
lots of ways and lots of places, not just at school (brain). I spend time with family and
friends (heart). I take time to find meaningful ways to help people (soul). I balance all
four parts of myself.


We have been discussing 7 positive habits.
For each habit provide an example of how you achieve or can achieve this in your life.
Habit 1: Be Proactive

Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind

Habit 3: Put First Things First

Habit 4: Think Win-Win

Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood

Habit 6: Synergize

Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw


No comments:

Post a Comment